Wednesday, January 21, 2009

unhappy birthday

Tomorrow I turn 21...a very momentous occasion in my opinion. However, my (ex?) boyfriend does not agree. I don't feel as though I should have to EARN my birthday, if you get what I mean. It was given to me and it is the one day a year where it's all about me. I'm special for 24 hours, and normal people know and respect that. He's not spending time with me on my birthday and doesn't even plan on calling to wish me a happy one tomorrow. Thanks? Yeah...don't I feel special? I mean, it's not like he's a Jehova's Witness or something (no offense if you are). Why is it such a problem for him to treat me like I should be treated?
So many questions, so few answers.
I have to go brief some cases now...
Maybe things will be better, but probably not. The boyfriend (emphasis on BOY) I used to adore now makes me sick to my stomach and my eyes start to swell from crying over his antics. I just don't know how much more of this I can take.
In hindsight, this will probably be the straw that broke the camel's back.

No comments: