Monday, November 17, 2008

introducing...

Cuddles the hamster! Yes, that's right, I'm now the proud owner of a male long-haired hamster. He is absolutely cute! As you can see, he has white and gray fur. I've never had a hamster that looked like Cuddles before.

Cuddles isn't just mine though. Chris and I went
up to Petco in Kernersville yesterday and adopted him. We decided that a pet is what we need to make our "family" complete (haha). I say that in the most joking way possible. Chris has never had a hamster before, but I've had plenty of them. They're really low maintenance and cute, perfect cuddly animals to start off with. With my most recent exboyfriend whom I dated for nearly four years I had a calico bunny named (so original) "Bunny." Her situation didn't work out too well so I won't get into it, but I know Chris is way more adept at taking care of animals and he actually wants to do it, which is one of the main differences between him and my ex.

So far I haven't had a lot of time to spend with Cuddles because I live in two places at once; that is to say that I have two addresses, each within an hour of each other. I had to return to my Chapel Hill residence this morning. Anyway, I haven't seen him do much other than make his bed in the corner of his "house" and run a little bit on his wheel. Apparently he loves to nibble on people's fingers though because I got nipped twice yesterday and he got Chris's mom too. My previous hamsters, Gris and Doodle, liked to nibble on my fingers too, but I knew that they were just playing. I hope that's the way Cuddles operates too. I don't want any bloody fingers!

That should be all for now. I'm sure there will be more Cuddles posts in the future. Homework is calling my name from a distance!

No comments: